13 April 2013

A political statement

I'm not a great follower of politics, although I do just remember Margaret Thatcher being in power.

Whatever your thoughts on her political views and policies, think on this: she was elected. Several times.

She did not take power forcefully, nor was she a dictator.

Her political opinions and policies aside, she was an elderly lady who had been suffering from memory loss and who died following a stroke.

I'm appalled to have seen some of the Facebook statuses and tweets in the past week, and have deliberately stayed out of discussions at work.

But needless to say the state of humanity upsets me

2 comments:

Purple Student Doctor said...

I completely agree with this post. I was utterly appalled by some of the things I saw on social media. Disliking someone is no justification for celebrating their death.

Internal Optimist said...

I couldn't agree more...