30 September 2010

The missing sample

Two weeks ago today I had my final blood test following my blood splash debacle. Although I'd already been shown negative for HIV, I needed a second clear Hepatitis C result to allow me to return to full invasive procedures.

Two weeks ago. Remember that.

I went to the phlebotomy department with my form and watched her take my sample and send it off.

Yet two weeks later they haven't got my result. Apparently 'it takes a while'. A while yes, two or three days I can allow. But two weeks?

My gut says it's been lost and needs retaking. Desperately frustrating when all I want is final clearance.

Two weeks. Is a long time after 6 months...

2 comments:

Dash said...

I managed to get someone else's results back the other week. Apparently my diabetes isn't well controlled. Didn't even know I had it...

Food Addict said...

Those tests are performed daily in most mid / large labs and results should be turned around within 2-3 days at the most. Chase them up! Samples rarely go missing in the lab because there's nowhere for them to hide, but they do go astray in transit.... (although I did once lose 4 under a centrifuge that were too old to process by the time I found them!!!)