30 June 2010

A musical few days

Truly wickedSince the last time I blogged my very good news, I've been to see a couple of shows. Well, as they say, when in Rome. On Saturday I managed to get in to see Avenue Q, and then for a complete contrast I saw Wicked last night. I've wanted to see both for quite a while, but Wicked probably more so, and especially since staying with Laura (she's a little bit addicted!)

On Monday night I met Raphael Malikian and went to a live acoustic event at Leicester Square. Different to my usual style of music, but acoustic is always cool, and so is meeting new people.

Avenue QSpeaking of meeting new people, I've had the chance to meet a lot of people who I've previously only tweeted or blog-commented with until now. This elective period has seen me meet Jamrock, Almostbritish, MrAlmostBritish, Littlehalfpint and the aforementioned Raphaelmalikian. I also managed to do an observation shift with Tom Reynolds out in East London.

So far the elective has been an amazing experience, and I can't believe I'm halfway through already. Hopefully, when I'm in Liverpool this time next week I'll be loving it just as much.

In other news, I'm trying to persuade Laura to start blogging again and I think she's reconsidering it. I would be, in proper Yorkshire terms, dead chuffed if you could pop on by her blog and leave her a comment on here and tell her to get her arse into gear. If you get my drift.

Blimey, I haven't posted so many links in a damned long time...

No comments: