05 January 2010

Hacked off

Ironically since I disabled the ability to post automatically by email I have no longer been hacked. Even more ironically there wasn't a post waiting for moderation this morning when I logged in.

For the last two days someone has managed to get an email into blogger and on here. Now I'm still not 100% certain how, although I suspect (as people here have suggested) it's through remote email blogging. The thing that confuses me is that I'm pretty damn sure the only place that email address is stored is on my BlackBerry.

It's not an obvious email address in the slightest, and I have no idea how anyone has worked it out or hacked it, but it is an inconvenience to say the least. It means I can no longer blog at work or while out and about.

Any suggestions anyone has as to how to bypass this would be greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it was http://bloodystudents.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-years-eve-2.html that did it (prior to the edit), because you included the to: address in the forward/reply part, which will have been picked up and used to spam to.

Merys said...

yeah of course, now why didn't I figure that out! Smart arse. Might just change that email address then and all should be good again.