30 March 2008

Beating the black rottweiler

During the last week I had an appointment with my GP about how I was feeling since the last time I saw him. The last appointment had ended with my crying my eyes out hysterically about how much I had lost control lately following a couple of stressful incidents.

His suggestion was to perhaps double the dosage of fluoxetine and see what happened.

The change in me seemed to creep up and slap me in the face. I'm more organised, more together and laughing a lot more. It's great.....

... except I feel like I've let myself down. I never used to feel this bad when I lived in [old university city], yet this place seems to just ooze depression.

However, in a facebook message with a friend over the past few days, she put it rather nicely. To paraphrase:

Don't be silly, you just need more chemical than before to counteract the pea soup in your head!

And that at least made me laugh some more!

1 comment:

Dragonfly said...

Don't feel bad - think of it like taking ventolin and having to increase the dosage.....
Hope the sleep situation resolves itself soon...