01 November 2006

I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too..... (or Watch that drunk pt 2)

It was all just a little bit reminiscent of The Wizard of Oz.... I wouldn't have been entirely surprised to hear nasty music playing and some flying monkeys following me around.

For there was I, cycling into university dressed as a witch with full velvet cloak and pointy hat, oh, and a lot of body paint. For obvious reasons I will not be posting the photographs. Needless to say they're amusing!
And apparently, being drunk and dressed as a witch makes me a better cyclist because I didn't fall off or cycle into anything.

This is where the post becomes 'watch that drunk part 2, as there I was, slightly intoxicated and cycling home, still all witchy, when I spotted a couple of delightfully drunk students quoting everything in a Shakespeare style rather loudly. I cycled past them oblivious but laughing to myself when I heard:
"What is this a-cycling before my eyes? It is a witch upon a bicycle, a-wailing
in the wind"
I don't recall any wailing, but my cloak was blowing rather dramatically... Made me smile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am liking yer blog, arr. (I have inexplicably transformed into an internet pirate. Arr.)

On a non-pirate-based note, I have been reading for some time, and wanted to say hello! Am fellow random acts of reality reader, but now read your blog as often as I read his, therefore you must update more often!
Arr.

Unknown said...

Pictures.

Now.

Merys said...

You really think I'm talented enough to cycle and take photographs of myself while on the bike?