12 September 2006

9/11

When the planes hit the two towers I was sat in college somewhere. By the time I heard about it I was sat in an A2 Physics lesson, and we were granted special exemption to visit the computer suite and find out what had happened.

Rather surreally (and probably due to my dubious internet skills at the time) I couldn't find anything.

Rumour and speculation were doing the rounds and we returned to Physics none the wiser, but having wasted 30 minutes of teaching.

I don't recall if I took the college bus home of drove my car, but I remember hearing the news on the radio on the way home, placing an end to all the rumours.

When watching the Sky News footage at home I remember thinking how 'Hollywood' it all looked, and being in complete disbelief for a couple of hours.
My thoughts are with all involved
xx

No comments: