15 June 2006

Traditional Chinese Medicine


Traditional Chinese Medicine
Originally uploaded by merysjones.

Well, I have been the amazing pincushion lady again today, and this is the result.

For anyone wondering or worrying that is the result of the acupuncture, no, it's not. This is caused by cupping, a chinese therapy used to draw blood to the surface of the skin (didn't really ask why - something to do with toxins I think).

For some strange reason, 2 of my 36 needles today went in my hands. That was a most unpleasant experience because it was inbetween the knuckles of my index and middle finger, and it felt quite deep.

I didn't enjoy it today (not that I usually do), but rather felt abused. Not in any seedy kind of way, just in the beaten up kind of way. His massage is painful!

No comments: