19 June 2006

Genetics


A Family Portrait
Originally uploaded by merysjones.

Isn't it nice when the undesirable aspects of family genetics catch up with you?

I have always been lucky with my height - both my parents are under 5ft5, while I stand at between 5ft6 and 5ft7, happily. We presumed that this was due to my mothers siblings being very tall, and her being a midget. Recessive genes etc = a Merys taller than her parents.

Sadly, it would appear that I have inherited more than just my Aunt's height. She also went grey very very early in life - and I've just found another 3 grey hairs.

My my, how my mother laughed - she didn't go grey until she was in her 40s.

Obviously, being good to my hair and not colouring it since February is not paying dividends. I think it's time to break out the hair dye....

No comments: