10 May 2006

Insomnia

I'm tired. I know I am. I fell asleep on the sofa, wrapped in blankets while I was trying to watch episode 3 of Lost.
Decided it wouldn't be a bad idea to take some painkillers and hit the sack.
Except, my mind had other ideas.

I couldn't get comfortable, my shoulders, lower back and feet hurt, and my brain just wouldn't switch off.
Which would normally be fine - except for the last two days I've been up at 5.50AM having had little sleep. And this happened last night too. After parting company on Skype, I browsed the net till 12, then went to bed.
Where I lay staring at the inside of my eyelids until 3AM, feeling sick and trying to get comfortable.
Yay for 'under 3 hours sleep!'
Looks like it's going to be another one of those nights.
The body is very willing, but the mind, well, you know..

1 comment:

LUU Dude said...

Lost can do that to anyone :-)