14 February 2006

Rainy days and Tuesdays???


I don't know why but I'm still in a foul mood. Maybe it's the weather. Maybe it's the fact that my sunday headache is still here 2 days later. Maybe it's just me. I don't know.

What I do know is just how easily I'm getting annoyed at the moment; be it with my students, the people I work with, customers, loved up men buying late roses today, that bus journey at 3.40 (very silly time to use public transport) full of school children ramming my head with their satchels as I sat (is it wrong to swear at teenagers??), or just the weather. Mind you, I am a fool - a body warmer over a jumper is the easiest way to get rained on in the world.

In other events, I had a really interesting - albeit long, lecture on HIV today. Very interesting, but 3 hours may have been overkill I think.

Merys' public service announcement for the day:
Considering the lecture, and the day in question; always play it safe guys and girls!

2 comments:

Midwiferation said...

School children are the worst, esp the older teens who think they are the best things every and that they rule everything. I personally think they should run school kid only busses when kids are going to or coming out of school, so that the generall public dotn have to put up with them.

As with lecture, 3 hours is way to long no matter how intersting. 2 hours can be too long too. I only hav eone class that 3 hours but luckly it is split up into different things from lecture to task, lecture task.

Ellis James said...

I hated school kids on buses when I was a school kid on a bus.
After spending a few years getting the bus into the city centre on the way to work and uni, I swore that i'd never use public transport (trains are just as bad) for travelling to work again. I'm currently looking for a different job and i am ignoring vacancies in the city centre, even though i can't afford to be choosy.