06 May 2005

crimony

Sometime I just want to hang my head in shame. It would appear that the Labour Govt has just started the home straight towards an historic third term. I don't understand it, I really don't.
The result from my area hasn't been announced yet, so I have no idea whether my vote was worthwhile or not.
One thing I have learnt from this election - never tell anyone how you've voted, unless it's your parents. My folks support my decision entirely, and even my decision to be a paid up member of my chosen party. My colleagues and fellow students don't quite see it in the same way, unfortunately. People take it far too seriously if you ask me. There is no reason to get stroppy with me because of who I voted for, it's my choice and therefore the consequences are mine alone. I wouldn't yell at anyone else, other than in jest. Other students were getting a bit rude if you ask me. Lol.
I guess this is what happens when you vote Tory!

No comments: